Addiction is complicated and recovery can seem out of reach for a person struggling with it. Recovery is a life-long process and you will face many challenges and obstacles in your journey to sobriety. When a person is addicted, personal relationships with loved ones are compromised and fall apart. Addiction can result in job loss due to frequent tardiness, absences, and low productivity. It leads to financial problems, physical and mental health complications, overdose, and early death. Here are 10 reasons to get sober:
- Heal broken relationships. Addiction can cause trust issues with loved ones. When taking the steps to sobriety, family therapy and counseling is a good way to learn how to heal broken relationships.
- Increase job productivity. Addiction can result in job loss due to frequent absences, tardiness, and low job productivity. When you are sober, you become more reliable, on time, and stay productive at work.
- Save money. Living with an addiction will result in extra expenses for drugs or alcohol. Debts and bills are not paid. Sober living permits you to save money, pay the bills, and have the basic needs to live healthy.
- Physical health. Addiction leads to physical health issues. The brain and other organs are affected, and using drugs or alcohol can cause an overdose or early death. These health issues could be preventable when living sober.
- Mental health. Most substances have negative effects on mental health. Some heighten depression, anxiety, fear, paranoia, and cause sleep issues.
- Improve self-confidence. Drugs and alcohol cause feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, and hopelessness. Sobriety allows you to enjoy life to the fullest and pursue goals.
- Increase motivation. Substance use disorders have negative effects on health and self-worth. Sobriety allows for an increase in mood, health, and motivation.
- Discover more about yourself. Another great reason for sobriety is you get to know more about yourself and discover the real you.
- Improve memory. In a life of drugs and alcohol, you can easily forget things and important events. Drugs and alcohol affect memory and the ability to remember things.
- Improve health. Living sober is more enjoyable. A healthy, sober mind changes a person’s perspective. Realize life is short and enjoy living a healthy, new sober lifestyle.
If you or a loved one is suffering with a substance use disorder or addiction, get help now. Do not wait another day to make a change and do not be afraid to ask for help. You are not alone and recovery is possible.
At Corner Canyon, our doors are open to adult clients seeking healing and transformation to put their lives on the path of recovery. Our residential treatment center offers a warm and welcoming home environment paired with exceptional individualized clinical care utilizing the latest in scientific advancement for treating both mental health and addiction treatment. For information on our program outside of Salt Lake City, Utah, call us today: 866-399-3469